Protect Your Products
From Extreme Temperature, Dielectric And Other Demanding Environments With
APICAL® Polyimide Film.
Apical® Polyimide Film
For all your high-performance insulation needs – APICAL® delivers properties that no other Polyimide Film can match! See how many industries rely upon APICAL’s® extraordinary properties.
Products & Industries Served
APICAL® Polyimide Film possesses an excellent balance of physical , thermal, electrical, and chemical properties over a wide range of temperatures (-269°C [-452°F] to +400°C [+752°F]). More precise thickness control, superior web flatness, plus improved adhesion and excellent dimensional stability are standard features with APICAL® Polyimide Films
In spite of being lighter in weight than many of the materials it has replaced, the overall performance of APICAL® Polyimide surpasses them. The primary film properties that make APICAL® Polyimide the material of choice in high tech applications include:
- No melt point or glass transition temperature.
- Will not sustain or propagate flame.
- Can be used in applications from -269°C to 400°C while still maintaining mechanical and electrical integrity.
- Excellent mechanical properties, high abrasion and cut-through resistance.
- Excellent chemical resistance to most organic solvents, acids, lubricants, and hydrocarbons.
- Excellent electrical properties.
- Superb thermal dimensional stability to 400°C.
- Good adhesion to a wide array of adhesive systems.
- High radiation resistance.
- Excellent flexural durability.
an Apical Division – KTC Customer
“After our initial decision to select APICAL® Polyimide , we immediately brought in some production samples to determine its ability to meet our production standards. We found lot-to-lot consistency to be outstanding. Not really believing the data, we immediately brought in some APICAL® Polyimide for production runs to determine whether or not what we found in the testing cycle was indeed present in their regular run. We found the consistency lot-to-lot, box-to-box, to be outstanding and therefore, we have never been happier.”
Thursday, August 31, 2017